Last Updated on
Nowadays it’s possible to make money blogging and earn a comfortable living just by writing blog posts and creating content. It might seem impossible to someone a bit older, but technology has really changed the way people generate an income today.
The fact that you can create a WordPress blog and turn it into a profitable business is amazing, and there are tons of extraordinary benefits coming from this.
Table of Contents
- Is it expensive to learn how to create a blog?
- What steps do you have to follow to create a WordPress blog?
- How can you monetize your blog?
- Affiliate marketing
- Get paid to write reviews
- Blog ads
- Sell an ebook
- Create and sell digital products
- Offer consulting services on your blog
- Host webinars
- Provide freelance services
Is it expensive to learn how to create a blog?
Creating a WordPress blog and starting to publish content is very affordable. You have two WordPress options to go for, the WordPress.com that’s free if you just want to share ideas or WordPress.org that you can use to create your own website free of any possible problems or requirements that might arise.
If you want to make money from a blog site, you will have to use WordPress.org as that’s the option that allows you to do literally everything you want and customize everything without worries. It certainly makes a lot of sense and you can adapt and adjust as you see fit.
What steps do you have to follow to create a WordPress blog?
This is actually a very simple thing to do. You will notice that in just a few steps, you can create a WordPress blog and start publishing content without a problem.
It might take a little bit to get used to, sure, but once you start creating the right content, things will start to flow easily and you will cherish the results.
- The first thing you want to do is to pick a niche for your website. You need to figure out what you want to write about and what you will eventually sell or promote on the blog. Ideally, you want to go with a niche that you know and which you have a lot of knowledge about, so try to keep that in mind as much as you can.
- Now that you know the niche, you will have to find a domain name that’s connected to your niche in some way. A popular thing to do is to identify some of the major keywords for that industry and include it in the domain name. You can do that or come up with something different. You need a short, descriptive domain that people will like and which is very easy to handle.
- After that, you need to buy hosting. You need a place to host your website’s data, and that’s why acquiring hosting is mandatory here. That being said, there are many options when it comes to hosting but we like Bluehost because they are WordPress certified, they are extremely affordable and also quite dependable. If you are very passionate about creating your own blog, then Bluehost is great since it helps you get started with some of the best uptime, lowest prices, and great value for money.
- Install WordPress in the Bluehost cPanel.
- Once WordPress is installed, you will need to find the right theme to suit your needs. There are free but also paid themes, so make sure that you find the right one for you.
- Since WordPress is fully customizable, you may want to add some plugins. These extend the functionality of your website and it will be a lot easier for you to figure out the process and how everything works, so try to take that into consideration.
- Now that the WordPress blog is ready to go, you just have to start adding in content. The more content you add, the better it will be. Make sure that the content is unique, appealing, and connect with the audience to see what type of blogs they like. Adapting to your audience is needed, and that’s something you will have to do in time.
How can you monetize your blog?
Once you have the idea of how to start a WordPress blog, you will need to figure out ways to monetize it. At first, you will need to prepare a few blog posts and also figure out how often you want to post content.
People expect you to be consistent, so consistency is indeed key here and you must use that to your own advantage.
We like the idea of doing affiliate marketing because you just need to create content about a product and then you promote it via a link.
You will need to sign up to an affiliate program like the one on Amazon, for example, you will receive an affiliate ID or link and every purchase people make via your link will make you a commission.
This helps a lot and the best part is that it brings in front of a very good experience. You want to give it a try for yourself and see how it works, and it’s totally worth the effort.
We found it to be very interesting and exciting, especially if you are very passionate about a topic and talk about products or services. You need to make sure that you promote the right services, as some of them are not the best, and you want to avoid bad publicity or anything like that.
But if you pay attention and know what you are doing, it will actually work to your own advantage and that’s what you need in the end.
Get paid to write reviews
The more content you write, the more important your blog will become. A good way to make money from blogging for beginners is to create meaningful content, establish an audience and then you will receive messages from companies that want to review their products.
They will usually ship the item to you, and you can also become their affiliate and generate sales. Most of the time you will be paid for the reviewing process too. Just make sure that you are honest with the audience.
Ad revenue is very helpful and it’s also a great way to learn how to start a WordPress blog and make money. It helps a lot and the best part is that you can choose how many ads you can place on the site.
It’s definitely worth the effort, and you will find it to work to your own advantage. Avoid bringing way too many ads, as no one likes being overloaded with the advertisement.
Sell an ebook
Write an ebook and you can sell it either on ebook websites like Amazon or on your website. It certainly helps a lot to just promote it here, so either way, you can make quite a lot of money.
It’s important to create a book that’s in dire need, don’t just jump on the trend where there are thousands of books already, as you will just be losing time, and that’s the type of thing that you want to avoid.
Create and sell digital products
You can also sell digital products like templates, themes for WordPress, even an online course if you want. The possibilities are limitless since WordPress offers you complete control you can fully customize the website to present and sell anything that you want. It’s a very interesting approach and one that will push things to the next level.
Offer consulting services on your blog
If you’re good at helping others with their business, finances and so on, then offer such a service on your blog and promote it through your content.
Believe it or not, it will help immensely and it’s going to bring you a great source of revenue. This is a very interesting way to make money from a blog site and it does work quite nicely too, which is what you need.
Webinars are great because they can be inexpensive or even free, and you can have a sponsor paying you to promote some of their products.
Webinars are super important and helpful because you get to have a great time connecting with people, helping them and you can also make money too.
Provide freelance services
If you’re a freelancer, then your blog can be a great way to promote your business idea. The main focus has to be on showing people the type of quality you can bring to the table and what they can expect.
As long as you do that and you also show some samples of what content you can create, people are bound to come to you looking for great content.
It may seem unlikely at first, but the results themselves can be very good and that’s what matters the most.
You can make money from a WordPress blog site without a problem, the idea is to figure out a good way to achieve that goal and just push it to the next level. It’s important to understand the process and actively figure out ways to make it work adequately.
There are obvious challenges related to creating a WordPress blog, but if you know what you are doing and you are fully dedicated to this, then you can earn quite a lot of income.
Focus on that, and you will have a great experience in the long run.